I am a Licensed Psychologist in Austin, TX. I provide individual counseling for issues such as depression, anxiety and relationship problems, as well as couples counseling to help partners improve communcation and regain connection.
Are you seeking a satisfying and meaningful life with healthier relationships? Having trouble creating the life you really want to live?
You need both support and the right tools for change.
I start by honoring the strengths you already have, while helping you to develop lost or hidden aspects of your self. My approach emphasizes the important connections between physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being - including the value of a good sense of humor. I will collaborate with you to develop individualized goals and a treatment plan that's mindful of the ways issues such as gender, sexual orientation, and culture create the context of your life.
Contacting a therapist is a first courageous step toward:
understanding yourself and making healthier choices;
creating more loving relationships while handling conflict positively; and
empowering yourself to work through symptoms (such as depression or anxiety) that keep you "stuck"– as if you are just waiting for your life to get going.
I provide individual psychotherapy and couples counseling to address a variety of issues. I have extensive training in a variety of treatment modalities and client concerns. At this time, I am only seeing clients ages 18 and over. Some of my areas of specialty include:
- Depression - including Major Depressive Disorder and Dysthymia
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship issues - such as communication problems, "after the affair," or deciding "should I stay or should I go"
- Perfectionism and low self-esteem
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning issues
- Insomnia and sleep difficulties
- Trauma and recovery (particularly surviving sexual assault)
- Adult children of alcoholics
- Life-in-transition concerns (life after graduating, career changes, life after divorce, etc.)
- Stress management
If you have questions about whether psychotherapy could be helpful to you, please call to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation.
Sarah Walker, Ph.D. 3724 Jefferson Street, Austin, TX 78731
phone: (512) 627-9633 email: email@example.com